Friday 9 December 2011

Kindled....

I came home bone tired and weary...It had been really long since I had come home. More than 2 months I believe. And I was just glad to be back. Glad for the sense of peace that being at home would give.

Though I reached home tired, I was excited because things had been happening at home and I had missed out on those. So coming back home after such a long time would mean that I could see the rooms that my parents and brother had painted, the new netbook that my dad had bought, the CPU that we had to buy once our computer died on us and the latest addition to the familys' technology gadgets, (my brothers new toy).

My brother had just got a Kindle. Don't ask me which version of the Kindle it is, because I really do not know!!! I was really happy that both my mother and my brother had a kindle. I was waiting to get a job so I could buy my own Kindle. I walked around telling people that he was getting a Kindle before he got it. And I was walking around telling people that he got it once he received it.

The only dark spot in the entire Kindle business was the fact that not neither my mother nor my brother would be as keen to go to the library as before.

"Sigh..."

But then a Kindle is a Kindle and I guess I could take Rohit's Kindle whenever I needed it. After all he did say I could.

So I reached home a bit late. And as tired as I was I didn't inquire about the Kindle for almost another hour. And when I did ask Rohit about his Kindle he gave me the box and asked me to open it.

I tried to open the box but the things seemed to be stuck.  I told Rohit that it was stuck and asked him to open it as I didn't want to tear the box. He opened it and I took it out and compared it my mother's Kindle.




I tried to switch it on but it was taking way too much time to load. I asked amma why the Kindle was slower than hers.

That is when I noticed my mother and Rohit giving side- glances to each other and smiling widely. And that is when I realised....The Kindle was a new one...It was taking time to load because it was being switched on for the first time...And I was sure that Rohit had already used it...And it could only mean one thing.....

The Kindle was mine!!!! I got a Kindle.....A kindle!!!!!!

AAaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I was jumping up and down ....Kept grinning from ear to ear...I wanted to call up somebody...anybody and share the good...great...amazing news...!!!!!

"Oh My God!!! Oh My G0d!!!!! Ooooh My Gooood!!!!" A kindle...I got a Kindle"....Saying this I kept up my act of jumping around and grinning and wading in from one room to the other"

The Kindled Family!!!!

I too have been Kindled!!!! I too have a Kindle now...So now I am transferring the books to the Kindle...Looking at covers to stitch one or to get amma to stitch one for the Kindle. And finally...last but not the least I am waiting to finish my work so that I can settle down with my Kindle and a good book to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment