Saturday 3 December 2011

Data Collection and me

The date for the submission of the data that should have been collected was fast approaching. I had my research in hand and my questionnaires ready but I still hadn't started on my data collection.

Not entirely my fault mind you. I hadn't been entirely free to devote the time, resources or energy needed for this with the INFLORE running full steam during these days along with the classes and the assignments. 

So though I was extremely enthusiastic about my research topic and had set almost everything in place, I still had not started on the next stage. As the atmosphere cleared up with the INFLORE coming to an end, I decided to devote my time to my dissertation work.

Things quickly fell into place and yesterday I decided I would set forward in my data collections process. I knew that I may not find myself able to submit everything on time but I had to put in my best and so I charted out the branches to which I had to email my questionnaires and the branches in Kochi that I could visit. 

Being a Saturday the branches would close by noon and my task was cut right out for me. I had to cover 5 branches in 3-4 hours. All set into place I looked at the places that I had to go only to realize that I didn't know how to get to any of them.

Woe unto me...Filled with despair and the tears readily springing to my eyes at the realization that all my enthusiasm was for nothing. I began to feel that my data collection was going to be hopeless. Like the silver lining to the dark cloud, one of my good friends explained to me each area in my list of 5 branches along with details on how to get there and back by bus/auto. 

And so filled with determination and nervous trepidation I set out to explore....

2 comments:

  1. well well... happy that i can be a part of your data collection... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) well thks for doing it for me..without all these help I would have been a bit lost...

    ReplyDelete