Friday 14 November 2014

That Night...

There was nobody at home but me. It was night and they were yet to return. I was fighting off sleep and trying to keep myself awake.

The phone rang once and by the time I picked up the landline, the line went dead.

I glanced at the clock, for it was late. Just as I glanced up, the clock struck 12'. I glanced at the clock and then at the door.

"Why on earth were they so late? Why was the mobile not reachable?"

I glanced back at the book but the silence seemed to resound too loudly. Not liking the silence around me, I decided to put on the TV.

I switched it on ,only to find a blank screen. The silence seemed to mock at time. I began to remember the horror movies   I had seen. An unexplainable fear began to assail me.

I began chanting all prayers that I knew in my head and headed for the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

I stepped into the  kitchen and grabbed the door of the fridge. I pulled hard but the door refused to open. It seemed as though someone was pulling it from inside.

Shaken, I quickly left the fridge and made my way back.

On the way, my glance fell on the mirror and my reflection in it. I looked different and something seemed to be changing . I could feel a figure looming behind me. It seemed to slowly creep forward.

I made a dash back into the kitchen. There was a puddle of water on the floor. I slipped, fell and hit my head on the floor.

Thud.

With my hand on my head and with a groan, I groggily opened my eyes.

It was a dream. I had fallen off the sofa. Shaken by the dream, I sat back on the sofa and tried to calm my racing heart.

The phone rang and I rushed to pick it up, hoping they were on the way. But by the time I reached there, the line went dead.

I returned and just as I glanced at the clock, and  the clock struck 12'....

De'javu or was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment