Wednesday 12 November 2014

HR Musings - Celebrating Work Life

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep"

Sometimes my work at office reminds me of these words. There are so many things that can be done, there are so many ways we can make an impact. But with only two hands and limited time, not every idea conceived can be put in place and nor can you come up with good ideas after a point in time.

It was one of those days, where I came across the book "Celebrate" by ScottFriedman. Both Sebastian (Head HR Kancor Ingredients) and I read this book from cover to cover.

One of the sentences that struck me and remained in my mind was

“When people live in a Spirit of Celebration, they look for reasons to happy dance, even if only silently. It becomes a way of being, and (then) a habit”

The fact is that we spend so many of our waking hours either in office or in work related activities every day. So we thought, why not infuse and inject this Spirit of celebration all across. After all, as long as we are going to be at work it makes sense for each of us to have the best day ever and celebrate each moment.

With this thought in mind, we pulled in people from across teams and across functions to form a cross function team. This team (of which even I am a part) named itself the "Weavers" - to begin with we were going to weave in different activities to the thread of office life.

Two books that have really contributed to our thinking process here are "Celebrate" and "FISH".

 


So now with Weavers in place, we are many and have many ideas and many hands that help implement these ideas. Though there are still miles to go, many miles have been crossed.

So signing off, as we Weavers weave the path forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment