Wednesday 12 November 2014

HR Musings - Monday Musings

One of the first initiatives of the Weavers team was to kick off the Monday Musings.

This team has been relentlessly working for more than 8 weeks now, and creates a sense of having something to look forward to every Monday. This can be a perk-me up or a thoughtful quote, a motivating or a awakening video or even an interesting article that the team wishes to share.

With different things being cooked up by the team and suggestions pouring in from employees, it has been a nice experience so far.

One activity, that jumps to my mind was the one where every employee, had to take a chit of paper from near the punching machine, as they walked in to office. Now this activity was after a long weekend where I am sure many had not yet gotten over their holiday moods.

Well, each slip of paper contained a quote and a question. The question was a though provoking one where the question in each slip required us to think of our fellow employees and consider who would fit the bill for the attribute mentioned in the quote/question.  We then had to hand over this slip to them.

I found myself getting a slip with a quote on Friendliness and a question that required me to handover the slip to the friendliest person at work. It was not a very easy decision to make and did require me to think deeply on this.

On the other hand, I received 3 slips from three different people and it made my day and surprised me as well.

We had around 80 different quotes and 7 different attributes  floating around.  So people were on the look-out for Friendliest People, Well Dressed People, Energetic People and so on.

This activity spanned 5 locations across Kancor and would not have been possible without the people who were determined to make it happen.

With the hope and the belief that this activity might have made a impact on at least one person or brought a smile to at least one person, I sign off…

Before I take bow, just wanted to use this also as a forum to raise my hats off to the team that makes this and other things possible every Monday.  Guys, you know yourselves, but even then, take a bow for the world to see -  Joseph, Elma, Leeba, Ramesh, Sooraj

You guys are a rock for sparing time every week for coming up with something new, for pushing on regardless of who is there or who is not. It's great to know and see the difference we make. Let's make many more Happy Monday's… :)


I should also probably give my Thanks to 'Anita' from SunTec , who introduced me to the phrase  - 'Happy Mondays'.


No comments:

Post a Comment