Thursday 26 September 2013

Grab those books...

It was close to 8.00 pm....The crowds showed no sign of slowing down...We gingerly made way through the crowds and there I saw in front of me Paradise!!!...

Shelves and Shelves of books...And I was going to let myself free....let myself be....

Gowtham said,"Take whatever you want..."  

I nodded my head and began walking to the shelves...The books were in disarray and the shelves were all mixed up...I readied myself...and set to choosing books quickly...

Though books were many, many were duplicate...many were names unknown and unheard of 
for me...Relentlessly, I went in pursuit of authors I know...Gowtham became my book stand whilst I kept dumping the books I needed into his hands....

Wondering why I was acting in a crazy way???

Reliance Time Out was closing...I had heard of it only in the final days and I was  rushing on the last day of the sale to see what I could salvage....Apparently all Reliance Time Out outlets were closing down and the stocks were being handed out at really low prices....

I salvaged whatever I wanted and stood in front of the billing counter...I was in for a long wait. All lines were overflowing with people and their bags full of items. I urged Gowtham to stroll around and see if he wanted to maybe pick out movies or music or anything else that caught his fancy.

It seemed like a still from a Sci-Fi were people rush to supermarkets to stockpile before the alien invasion...Things strewn about and in disarray...and nobody even to glance on who was picking what...People had bags and bags of items stuffed and were foraging for more....

After what seemed like eternity to us...We emerged unscathed and only 1200 Rs poorer after having taken 19 books of various authors..It was tragic that Time Out was closing...but the sale was definitely a blessing...With a smile in our faces and heavy bags...we moved towards the vehicle...

My Purchase that day...
Happy Reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a collection.. Sad that Time Out is closing.. I used to go to this place to feel good.. books and more books.. what else could be a good retreat for any reader.. You have a good time reading.. :)

    ReplyDelete