Tuesday 7 February 2012

Darkness

I could hear a sound. It seemed to come from afar but it seemed to be coming closer and closer. The shrill sound filled me with an urgency. It was imperative that I get up. As the sound became louder and closer, I seemed to jump up from the bed.

My legs gave away beneath me and I toppled. I tried to hold on to the chair closest to me. The sound was coming from a device kept on a table. I leaned on to the chair for support and tried to move closer to the device. My legs gave way a second time and I stumbled and fell. I lay there on the floor waiting for the moments to pass.

The sound became inconsequential considering my failed attempts to reach it. Moments trickled by and the sense of urgency returned. I had to get to the sound and put it off. I decided that it was going to me my last attempt, if I failed now, I would face the consequences. 

I lunged, for the final time, towards the device. I grabbed it. It was a phone, unlike the ones I had seen. I tried to shut off the noise. Once the noise was stopped, I tried to examine it. I had never seen the likes of this device. 

For the first time since the bell rang, I looked around. Unfamiliar surroundings and darkness seemed to stare at me from all sides. Panic seemed to set in. I turned around looking for a way to escape. 

"Where was I? How did I get here?"

Questions swarmed in my head. I spotted a door in a corner and took of. I grabbed the handle, all the while praying that it would open. I turned the handle and heard a click. The door was locked. I shook the door. I had to get out of here

I remembered the phone like device I had left on the table. I returned but.....

The device wasn't there. I had kept it here but it had disappeared. I looked around for the sight of another person. The silence seemed ominous. It seemed as though I was cornered. I dashed back to the door and tried another time. This time the door swung open easily. I peered out into the darkness wondering whether to make a run for it.

I dashed across across and immediately saw a opening on my right. As I reached the opening, hands grabbed me. Panic set in and I couldn't breathe. I struggled and tried to fight my way out. As the struggles grew, so did the panic and the darkness grew around me. It came in from all sides and stifled me. It seemed pointless to struggle and I gave in as a wave of dizziness swept over me. The darkness beckoned me and it seemed easier to give it all up. As another wave of dizziness swept over me, I let myself sink and let the darkness claim me...


1 comment:

  1. youn cant have an ending as nice as this..... *&%&$#&^*&&^^***!!!$$#

    ReplyDelete