Monday 11 July 2011

Change....

I read somewhere,,,'Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...'


When I read this statement, it seemed to be profound. It is just a simple statement...something we really don't ponder much on. But those moments that we realise that things have changed, these words make so much sense.

Why is it that we never discern the change as and when it happens.....But when we realize the change, the magnitude of that change leaves us speechless.

It reminds of the the book 'Who moved my cheese?' by Spencer Johnson.

When I read the book, I identified with both Hem and Haw with respect to the fears they had in accepting the change. But I also felt that regardless of what the change was, if it was really stark and staring me right at the face I would have acted like Scurry and the other mouse whose name I don't really remember.

But now I realise that things change and it is only when everything associated with it changes...that I even realize that things have changed. Confusing isn't it?

I guess I am not putting it down too clearly.

No matter how I look back to discern the moment the change began...I can't pinpoint the moment. As I look back now probably there were signs that things were changing but I guess those were small signs...signs that we don't usually look out for. And these small changes grow bigger and bigger until we can't help but accept that change has occurred.

So what happens next?

I hope at least the next time I realise when these changes happen...and I learn to accept these changes...

1 comment:

  1. Simple and honest..can relate a lot with what u have jotted down..Keep writing..!!

    ReplyDelete